Montreal, Quebec Climate & Temperature
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada is at 45°30'N, 73°25'W, 27 m (90 ft). See map.
- Montreal, Quebec has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Montreal, Quebec is situated in or near the cool temperate moist forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 5.9 degrees Celsius (42.6 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 30.8 °C (55.4°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -4.1°C (24.6°F) on average falling to -13.4°C (7.9°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 10.7°C (51.3°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -0.1°C (31.8°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 25.1°C (77.1°F) and average low temperatures are 13.2°C (55.8°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 12.8°C (55°F) during the day and lows of 2.9°C (37.3°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1016.5 mm (40 inches) which is equivalent to 1016.5 Litres/m² (24.93 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1860 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Montreal, Quebec you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Montreal, Quebec Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Montreal, Quebec Climate Graph in Metric Units
Montreal, Quebec Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Montreal, Quebec, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kuujjuarapik, Qc, Canada - 51.7 kms (32.1 miles) WNW
- Montreal/ Dorval, Qc, Canada - 26.6 kms (16.5 miles) WSW
- Ottawa (Airport), Canada - 177.1 kms (110.1 miles) W
- Ottawa, Ontario, Canada - 176.6 kms (109.7 miles) W
- Canton, Ny, Usa - 136.6 kms (84.9 miles) WSW
- Ogdensburge, Ny, Usa - 136.6 kms (84.9 miles) WSW
- Lake Placid , Ny, Usa - 144.5 kms (89.8 miles) SSW
- Indian Lake, Ny, Usa - 174.8 kms (108.6 miles) SSW
- Burwash, Yt, Canada - 76.5 kms (47.5 miles) ENE
- Sherbrooke, Qc, Canada - 134.8 kms (83.8 miles) E
- Chazy, Ny, Usa - 66.1 kms (41.1 miles) SSE
- Enosburg Falls, Vt, Usa - 82.9 kms (51.5 miles) SE
- Burlington, Vt, Usa - 118.6 kms (73.7 miles) S
- Saint Johnsbury, Vt, Usa - 164.6 kms (102.3 miles) SE
- Cornwall, Vt, Usa - 171.8 kms (106.8 miles) S
- Chelsea, Vt, Usa - 186.2 kms (115.7 miles) SSE